The Freightliner Trucks Hardest Working Cities program aims to recognize the vital role vocational trucks, and those who operate them, play in stimulating economies. Whether it’s a major construction project, the opening of a new business, the widening of an interstate highway or development of a new community project, cities can’t accomplish as much without the help of these vehicles and the skilled operators.
The ongoing program includes:
- Surprise coffee and doughnut deliveries at work sites in the area
- A special celebration hosted by a local Freightliner Trucks dealership
- A prestigious award for each of the Freightliner Trucks Hardest Working Cities
- International recognition for business and community leaders
- 2015: Assisted with media coverage and on site
- 2016: Assisted on site, interviewed workers for Behind the Hard Hat blog
- 2017: Event planning and on-site activation
I have attended the Hardest Working Cities events in the following cities: Dallas, New York City, Edmonton, Seattle, Des Moines.