Sure, I could upload full strategic public relations plans with detailed sections on research, planning, implementation and evaluation (I did earn my APR, after all!), but at my heart, I am a writer. I’ve known it ever since elementary school homework assignments when I turned all of my spelling sentences into paragraphs and short stories. I love finding my clients’ stories and sharing them with their customers across various platforms in snack-able pieces of content.
For one of my clients, I’m fortunate to get to interview top doctors and experts in the health and wellness field on everything from magnesium deficiency and workout recovery, to mental health and self-care.
For another, I interviewed customers every month about their unique business goals and challenges, and the Real Cost of Ownership of the trucks that helped them get the job done.
To me, there’s nothing better than finding a kernel of a story and then sharing it in a way that helps or inspires others.
Below is a sampling of my freelance writing work. Want more? Check out my blog.
- I went on a self-imposed social media detox for 4 weeks. So, am I cured?
- How rainbow-colored hair helped Kenzie the Hair Fairy gain more than 20K Instagram followers
- Your price guide to 10 spas for mani/pedi services, from Plaza Midwood to Ballantyne
- Your price guide to 10 salons for cut/blowout/color services, from NoDa to Ballantyne
- Your guide to 6 escape rooms in Charlotte, from hostage situations to elite spy missions
- The best Memorial Day Weekend festivities in Charlotte, from lobster and live music to fireworks displays
- Your guide to 8 local pet shops for food, accessories, treats and more
- 10 of the best dog-friendly events in Charlotte this summer
PRSA The Edge
Bridal Guide Magazine
- How to deal with wedding trolls
- How I hacked $10,000 off my wedding budget
- 7 ways to keep the peace with your fiancé while wedding planning
- 15 money-saving tricks from real brides
Ragan’s PR Daily
Ragan’s Millennial Mafia
Ragan’s Health Care Communication News
- 3 online ways to encourage a healthy lifestyle
- Health care organization uses mustaches to raise awareness for men’s health
- The pros and cons of physician review sites
- Would you respond to an infomercial for a doctor?