This past Thursday marked the beginning of Autumn, and that means it’s time to buckle down, put your hair in a messy bun, and pound out work until we break for Thanksgiving. One of my favorite things to do while writing blog posts and news articles is to put on a random Spotify playlist to keep me in the zone and discover new music at the same time. When a song is so good that it actually breaks my concentration and makes me pause to find out the name and artist, I save it by adding it to a new playlist on my account.
The below is a result of that system. It’s a mix of indie pop and top 40, new music and summer hits. The perfect transition playlist from summer to fall. (Also good for keeping your energy up when you get that 2:30 PM feeling.)
- Hold Me Down by Halsey
- Sit Still, Look Pretty by Daya
- Never Be Like You by Flume, Kai
- Ride by Twenty One Pilots
- Not a One by The Young Wild
- Closer by The Chainsmokers and Halsey
- Under the Grave by ROZES
- Goodbye by Who Is Fancy
- How I Want Ya by Hudson Thames
- One Way Ticket by Midnight to Monaco
- Talk Too Much by COIN
- Ain’t My Fault by Zara Larsson
- Death of A Bachelor by Panic! At The Disco
- Side to Side by Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj
- Heathens by Twenty One Pilots
- Starving by Hailee Steinfeld
- Hurts So Good by Astrid S
- You & Me by The Hunna
- Sweet Disaster by DREAMERS
- Good Grief by Bastille
Here is the link to the playlist. Follow, listen, & enjoy!
What Spotify playlists keep you focused at work?