I spent the beginning of this week in Tampa for a trade show with one of my clients. It was my first time in that city and it was beautiful. The streets were lined with palm trees and I honestly felt like I was on vacation. Sadly, this was the closest I got to a vacation this year, but MPR and I are looking to book a Charleston trip next summer. It’s not even that I’ve become one of those cliche people who doesn’t use their vacation days, I’ve just had to use my vacation days for weddings and trips back home. The last time we went on a *real* vacation was our honeymoon – yikes! I think I’ll put a sticky note on our fridge that reads: “book your vacation!”
Anyways, here’s what caught my eye this week:
- Bean Boots: Over Columbus Day Weekend I made an impulse purchase: L.L. Bean Boots. They were 20% off (apparently they never go on sale) so I snatched up a pair of the 8″ navy and tan boots. I’m hoping they’ll be able to replace my rain boots and three pairs of snow boots. It’s kind of funny that I survived 27 years in New York without Bean Boots, and then I bought them upon moving to North Carolina, but they definitely weren’t cool back when I was in high school and college. I grew up in the era of Ugg, but these are much more practical, especially for southern weather. I hope I love them! (#BasicAndProud)
- An Ode to the Navy Blue Sweater: This article from Racked is absolutely perfect. It’s kind of how I feel about gray sweaters, as I always have to stop myself from buying more. But hey, they’re versatile and classic. I say stock up!
- 5 Scary Things Your Food Cravings Could Be Telling You: I crave all of these things regularly, especially sugar. I think this is one of those articles you need to bookmark and then review every time you have a craving to see what your body is really trying to tell you.
- I Settled Into a Traditional Gender Role, and I Feel Liberated: This was a really interesting read. I think that sometimes modern feminism shames women for choosing a traditional gender role, when in reality, the point of feminism is the freedom to choose whether you want a career, a family, or a mixture of the two. It’s not black and white and there are no rules anymore.
- 3 Summer Wardrobe Staples You Can Rock Into Fall and Beyond: I love all of these outfit transitions from summer to fall. It’s a great way to stretch your wardrobe and get more uses out of key pieces. I especially love the white skirt for fall!