It’s been a full month since I’ve written a Friday post! To be honest, I can’t even tell you where the last month has gone. I was going to write something profound or insightful about life lately, but it has simply been barreling forward. And while, at times, I’ve felt like I was running on empty, I’ve also made a conscious effort to connect with others, and that has made all the difference. From deliriously catching up on emails in an airline lounge to geeking out over hot cocoa to hugging someone I just met because we went to rival colleges – these are the interactions that mend the little cracks in my soul and stop it from crumbling under pressure. (The Christmas decorations everywhere don’t hurt, either 🎄)
Now here’s some of the best stuff I’ve read/found lately:
- Macaron Ornament Set, Anthropologie: I need these on my tree immediately. IMMEDIATELY.
- This Is How You Know You’re Not Meant To Be An Entrepreneur by Aliza Licht: This is one of those articles that I want to print out, grasp in my hands, climb to the top of a mountain, and scream, “THIS!” This. This is exactly why I don’t want to be an entrepreneur, no matter how glamorous the #GirlBoss movement makes it sound.
- 5 workplace takeaways from ‘The Crown’: MPR and I recently finished The Crown on Netflix, and it made me yearn for more. It was one of the best series I’ve watched in a long while, and I respect and admire Queen Elizabeth II so much more after watching it. I’ve also learned a thing or two from her grace and manner of speaking. I highly recommend a watch, and a read of the above article.
- The Only Three Networking Emails You Need To Know How To Write: I’ve definitely made the mistake of writing in an email, “I’m not sure if you remember me, but…” This article shows you the right way to follow up with people you meet while networking via email.
- Hacks to Help you Look Polished and Professional Even on Busy Days: I have this bad habit of getting up early in the morning, drinking my tea, watching the news, and catching up on my favorite blogs, and then getting ready for work at the last possible moment. This article has some great statement pieces to help you look more put together in a pinch.
- Three Tips to Take the Jitters Out of Networking: (Shameless plug). Networking tips from yours truly to help you get through the busy season of holiday events!
Have a great weekend! I have two ugly Christmas sweater parties on the same night, and I’m not mad about it.