This week I was completely burned out. I think I’m still trying to catch up from my business trip in Seattle last week (full recap coming soon) and my missed hours of sleep. It was a good reminder that when you think everything sucks, take a step back and think for a second: Do I need a nap and/or a snack? These two things can solve almost any bad mood.
Amidst the burnout, I used a few summer hours to help MPR pick out new glasses for the school year and picked up some sleeveless Portofino shirts from Express, and we got our Christmas Eve Panthers tickets in the mail! I can’t wait to cheer on the Panthers and then come home to hot chocolate and a Christmas movie marathon with MPR and Rufio. But I’m getting ahead of myself. I don’t want to skip over my favorite season: fall!
Even though it’s only mid-August, it feels like fall and Back To School are already here. I’m thinking I’ll use some more summer hours next week to help MPR decorate his new classroom, and I want to plan a weekend trip to Asheville. I’m hoping to squeeze in some apple picking as well, since last year the season was so short we missed it. I found out today that my family is coming to visit the last week of September, so we’ll have to plan some southern fall activities with them, too!
Here’s what caught my eye this week:
- Bad Moms: On Monday, MPR found a Groupon for Studio Movie Grille and we decided to go see Bad Moms. I thought it would be the type of movie that’s only funny if you’re a mom, but it was hilarious. I would say it’s on the same level as Bridesmaids. Go see it!
- Ringly Boardwalk Bracelet: You can add this to the list of things I don’t even remotely need, but desperately want. It’s the prettiest piece of wearable tech I’ve ever seen.
- Pink Social Game Day Shirts: Local Charlotte company Pink Social released their football season shirts, and they are adorable! I especially love the Sunday Funday tee. I may need to add one to my growing collection of Panthers gear.
- Jadelynn Brooke 3 Things T-shirt: This tee perfectly sums me up as a human being. It reads: “She loves 3 things: her dog, cake for breakfast, and witty words.” I must purchase it immediately.
- 8 Ways to Fall Back in Love With Your Job: It’s almost like The Everygirl read my mind when they served up this article about job burnout. There’s a ton of great tips in here, but I’m most looking forward to doing absolutely nothing this weekend (you know, after errands, a hair appointment, and a soccer game 😂).