Well, I had another “bad fur mom” moment this week. While I was out shopping with my friend, we left our puppies together to play, and when we got back, poor little Rufio was limping. After a visit to the vet on Monday we found out he injured the tendons around his knee and now his knee cap is popping in and out of place when he walks. Ouch.
We’re on day 5 of anti-inflammatories and pain killers, but he’s still limping. Come Monday we’ll be looking at x-rays and, worst case scenario, surgery. The vet assured me this is common in toy poodles, but I still feel terrible. He’s only one year old! I guess that’s what we get for picking the “most adventurous puppy” of the litter.
Here’s what caught my eye this week:
- Pink Social Girl Tribe Pop-Up Sale: I can’t wait to go to this tomorrow AM! It’s a pop-up shop with 50+ local women-owned businesses. I bought my VIP ticket to shop all the deals before it opens to the public. If you’re local to Charlotte, you definitely need to check it out!
- Ashley Brooke Designs Stationery: ALERT! Ashley Brooke Designs now offers customized stationery! I’m OBSESSED with the navy dot print and dream of the day I’m fancy enough to own some.
- Target & Sugar Paper: I’ve been a big fan of the Sugar Paper for Target planners and calendars the past few years, so I was so pumped to find they expanded into an office supply line while I was shopping this past weekend. The stapler and tape dispenser are to die for!
- Here Are 28 Things Millennials Are Killing In Cold Blood: This article is HILARIOUS. Goes to show the media’s obsession with millennials (and their lack of originality when it comes to headlines) is alive and well.
- Is Building A ‘Personal Brand’ Embarrassing?: This is a great article on the importance of building a personal brand, especially when working in a creative industry. It’s easy to get a little shy or embarrassed when using hashtags or promoting your work, but as the article states, “Before social media, it was just called your reputation.” So keep that in mind!