You guys, we made it. We’re officially on Christmas break 🙌🏻 My agency made a last-minute decision to close between Christmas and New Year’s, so we now have a full 11 days to recharge our batteries (and I certainly need it). I hope to spend it catching up on my favorite blogs, sleeping in, and getting organized. We have a little desk in our kitchen that’s begging to be cleaned off (including my 2006 iMac from college 😳). I’m also excited to go to my first Panthers game of the season! 🏈 All in all, it should be a great break, and I’m so thankful for this extra time off with my family ❤️
Here are five articles that caught my eye this week:
- Get Your Sh*t Together by Sarah Knight: The author of “The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck” (highly recommend) is getting ready to launch her new book, “Get Your Sh*t Together” and I cannot wait to get my hands on it. After all, the best thing a woman (or man) can have, is their sh*t together.
- Teen Vogue’s New Strategy: Tackling Trump News and Makeup Tips: “I don’t like this idea that you can’t cover the news and cover the Kardashians,” Picardi said. “The idea that girls can’t be smart and also care about fashion is, frankly, damaging.” PREACH.
- How to do PR for a Company People Think is Boring: I mostly work on B2B clients, which aren’t as sexy as consumer, fashion, or beauty clients. But Bridget Forney’s perspective and story about doing PR for the senior living industry put a little spring in my step. “Boring” clients are the ones who push you creatively and challenge you.
- I’m Moving Out of My Hometown For the First Time in My Late 20s: I could relate so, so much to this article. Picking up and moving to a new city is much easier said than done, but I can honestly say it was the best decision we’ve made since graduating from college. I miss our friends and our family, but if you want to be successful and accomplish your career goals, sometimes that means you have to change your location.
- 12 Holiday Movies You Need to See at Some Point in Your Life: I am a Christmas movie enthusiast. They have filled my weekends since Thanksgiving and we already went out to see Office Christmas Party this week (very funny – worth a watch). But this list has some movies I actually haven’t seen before! Now I know how I’ll be spending the rest of Christmas break. (Oh, but the list is missing one of my favorites – Just Friends.)
Have a very Merry Christmas! 🎅🏻❤️🎄🎁