This week was one of those weeks where I took a step back and thought, “wow I love my job.” On Tuesday I got to take an “adult field trip” aka Destination Training for one of our clients, which basically meant I got to hop on a bus and visit a bunch of different tourist attractions so I could take photos and write about it for their blog. The above photo is from a tour of Southern Grace Distilleries, which is a whiskey distillery in an old prison. This New Yorker took her first sip of moonshine! (I mean, white corn whiskey… 🥃) I followed up that day with a PRSA Charlotte outing and I’m just incredibly thankful for this full life I’ve been able to build here in Charlotte.
Anywho, here are some gems from the past week:
- Get Rid of Your “In Case of Emergency” Clothes: I, too, have the “first real job” clothes sitting in my closet that ended up being too fancy for working at an advertising agency, but I’ve held onto “just in case.” Like, just in case I have a very important client meeting, or just in case I get invited to a gala… but it’s been five years. I think it’s time to let them go.
- This is the Real Reason for Millennial Burnout: This was a really interesting read. It’s suggesting that because millennials are “always on,” networking is burning us out, and that we should start saying “no” to more invitations. However, I would argue that face-to-face networking is much more uplifting and beneficial than any relationships I try to forge on social media. Keeping up with what I want my life to look like on Instagram is exhausting – going out to dinner with fellow PR pros is not.
- Girlboss: The Girlboss Netflix series is coming out April 21st! That is all.
- Revlon® Oval One-Step Hair Dryer & Volumizing Styler: This hairdryer has changed my life. It’s a dryer and round brush in one, meaning I can actually give myself a blowout at home, using only one tool. Game changer. (And you can pick it up on your next Target run!)
- Bizwomen: Am I the only one who reads bizwomen from The Business Journals? I actually interviewed with them for a reporter position when I was playing with the idea of going back into journalism. That phase passed, but my reading of their site hasn’t. Their coverage of women in business is just spot on.
Happy weekend! 🥂