What’s that? Cool air? Yes, the humidity in Charlotte has finally broken 🙌🏻 That’s the first sign that fall is on its way, and I cannot wait. Summer is actually my least favorite season of the year. The only thing that makes it bearable down here is the fact that I have a pool right in my backyard. But fall is the sweet spot. It’s going to be filled with long walks on the Rail Trail every evening and on Saturday and Sunday mornings, Panthers games on Sunday nights, and scoping out open houses as we try to educate ourselves on the housing market down here. Sounds like heaven 🍂
Here’s what caught my eye this week:
- Guide to Buying Hunter Boots: Now that we’re in the south, I’ve been debating getting rid of my four pairs of snow boots and replacing them with a pair of Hunter rain boots + fleece inserts for the rare occasion we get snow. From this guide, I think I’ve narrowed it down to the glossy graphite tall boots!
- GE Artistry Appliances: MPR and I have real estate on the brain as we’re looking to buy in 2017. I recently discovered these GE Artistry Appliances that come in black and white and have a retro design. I am *obsessed* and they would match the mid-century modern vibe we’re slowly building.
- My All American: I’ve never seen a bad sports movie, and this one is no exception. It’s currently on Redbox and definitely worth the rental. Warning: you will ugly cry.
- The Laptop Lifestyle Podcast, Episode 4 Finding Your Voice, with Olivia Muenter from Bustle: Olivia Muenter is my very favorite journalist. She’s a fashion and beauty editor at Bustle and first caught my eye with her viral article, What I Instagrammed vs. What Was Really Happening, Or My Entire Life is a Lie. Since then I started following her on social media and she is refreshingly hilarious. I can’t wait to listen to this interview with her!
- I Tried Kate Hudson’s Beloved Booty Belt and This Is What Happened: I’m trying to up my fitness game. And by that, I mean I’m trying to start working out for the first time since my wedding. I’m going to try to mix it up with cardio in my gym, teaching myself yoga via YouTube videos, and now I’m tempted by this booty belt! It looks like something I could actually do, and from the comfort of my home. Next step: watch a million YouTube reviews on it, probably while eating pizza. 🍕
Happy weekend! 🕶