Going back to work after a 3-day weekend is always equal parts depressing and refreshing. The fact that this particular 3-day weekend signaled the end of summer made it harder. But I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t focused straight ahead on hoodies and the holidays. I also have my family coming to visit in a few weeks and I’m building a running list of restaurants I’m going to take them to and specific dishes they must eat. A Charlotte food tour. Is it weird to plan an entire itinerary around food? I don’t think so…
Speaking of southern food, I started my early-morning gym workouts this week, and surprisingly, I like being an early bird. When I get up at 5:30 AM I get so much done before work that it’s easier to focus when I get to the office. The new wake up time did cause me to crash around 4:00 PM, but that’s nothing a cup of black tea can’t fix. Let’s see how long I can keep it up.
Anyway, here’s what I’ve been reading/watching after my gym sessions in the AM:
- What I bought at Hermes by The College Prepster: A couple unpopular opinions here: 1) I’ve kind of always thought the Apple Watch was, well, ugly, and 2) I find “daily vlogs” on YouTube to be painfully boring. As MPR said, “I think people think they’re more important than they really are.” But this vlog from The College Prepster held my attention – I think because she went into NYC and some days I desperately miss it. Anyways, she bought a navy leather double strap Apple Watch bracelet and it is exquisite. (I think it costs more than the watch.)
- What’s It Like To Work At Ad Agency Hilariously Explained With Stock Photos: This gave me a good laugh. Some stock photos are truly horrendous, and the added captions about #agencylife are just too true.
- Macaron ice cream sandwiches have finally landed in Charlotte: Who knew such a magnificent creation existed? I need one immediately.
- 4 Ways to Make Your Space Feel Clean in 15 Minutes or Less: MPR & I have the bad habit of letting our apartment get messy and then doing a full day marathon cleaning session. This article has some great tips for keeping your space neat in between the heavy cleaning days.
- I Ate Vegan for 7 Days and This is What Happened: Let’s lower some expectations here: I will probably never, ever be vegan. But some of these recipes look delicious and easily re-creatable, and they would help me get more veggies into my diet. Not gonna lie, I’m tempted to try it (maybe just for breakfast/lunch).